Derrick Building Solutions is a Commercial and Industrial Design-Build General Contractor based in New Richmond, Wisconsin.
We are always looking for talented team members and encourage you to contact us confidentially about job openings. We regularly seek candidates to fill positions such as Project Managers, Job Superintendents, Project Assistants, Skilled Laborers, and General Laborers.
Now Hiring-Construction Laborer Position
Updated, August 19, 2019
Position: Construction Laborer Position
Job objective: Derrick Building Solutions is seeking a skilled, reliable construction field worker to join our growing team. In this position you will be working on a variety of commercial building and construction projects doing basic tasks that require physical labor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare construction site each day by preparing materials, tools and equipment.
- Complete daily projects or receive new project instructions from construction manager or supervisor.
- Follow instructions for use of tools and equipment to complete daily tasks.
- Review construction plans with manager or supervisor.
- Follow all company health and safety regulations.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare new construction sites by digging, moving dirt or compacting space as needed.
- Provide assistance to co-workers as needed.
- Train on experienced tasks and learn new tasks.
- Clean and clear debris and hazardous materials.
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent experience
- High school degree or equivalent educational experience. Vocational school or trade apprenticeship a plus.
- No experience necessary, but previous construction background preferred.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested parties should contact Derrick Building Solutions with their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in working with a company where you can build a solid foundation and rewarding career? We are interested in connecting with you! Send your letter of interest and resume at any time to email@example.com. All inquiries are handled with confidentiality.