Derrick Building Solutions is a Commercial and Industrial Design-Build General Contractor based in New Richmond, Wisconsin.
We are always looking for talented team members and encourage you to contact us confidentially about job openings. We regularly seek candidates to fill positions such as Project Managers, Job Superintendents, Project Assistants, Skilled Laborers, and General Laborers.
Now Hiring-Commercial Project Manager
Updated, January 16, 2019
Position: Commercial Project Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job objective: Plan and supervise commercial construction projects from start to finish. Organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Must be well-versed in construction methodologies and procedures and be able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Clients from the start of a project to ensure a clear understanding of the project vision and scope.
- Collaborate with Clients, Architects and Engineers to determine the design and specifications of the project.
- Establish construction budgets, estimates and schedules to best meet the Client’s needs.
- Negotiate contracts with Clients, Subcontractors, Vendors and Suppliers.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Work in conjunction with Field Operations to ensure construction operations and scheduled work is completed on time and within budget.
- Process change orders, payment applications, invoices and project close out.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Structural and Engineered Drawings.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures, materials and project management principles.
- Ability to estimate project costs of various types of commercial construction.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Project Management Software. Experience with Sage/Timberline software a plus.
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of corporate representatives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A team player and leadership abilities.
- Able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/ to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Able to demonstrate and apply the manual dexterity to operate a personal computer and other office machines such as telephone, photocopier, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Able to hear oral communication either in person or on equipment such as a telephone.
- Able to sit and view personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in a Team Environment.
- Able to occasionally work overtime (scheduled and/or unscheduled), if required.
- Able to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office and outdoors; subject to weather conditions.
Interested parties should contact Derrick Building Solutions with their resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Are you interested in working with a company where you can build a solid foundation and rewarding career? We are interested in connecting with you! Send your letter of interest and resume at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries are handled with confidentiality.